You can create your RefAware account from the main login page (www.refaware.com). Accounts are validated based on the email address you provide. Users should register with an authorized email provided by their subscribing organization.
Each account can store up to 30 complex searching profiles (you can add and delete search profiles as needed -- click here for information on creating a search profile).
To create your account:
Note: If your browser supports SSL, you can create your account by clicking on the Secure Account Creation link at the top of the Create a RefAware Account page.
1. Go to www.RefAware.com
2. Click on the Create a new Account link.
3. Enter your personal information (name, area of interest, email address, etc.)
4. Establish your preferences:
- select an email alert frequency (optional)
- select a bibliographic software for direct export capabilities (optional).
- If you use RefWorks, click on the Attach a RefWorks Account link to include your login information to allow for exporting without having to log into RefWorks and also display a special icon if an article has already been exported to your RefWorks account.
- create and confirm your password (passwords are case sensitive with no minimum number of characters)
5. Click the Create Account button.
An email will be sent to the address you registered with. This email will have a validation link that you will need to click on to complete and confirm your registration. You will not be able to use RefAware until you complete this step.
If you do not receive the activation link, go to the RefAware login page (www.refaware.com) and click on the link that says Account Not Activated? where you'll find instructions on how to activate your account.
Once your account has been validated, you are ready to begin creating your search profiles.